Monday 26 October 2015

Harveys Sussex Ales

River Ouse at Lewes
No visit to Lewes would be complete without a doffing of the cap (or even a quaffing of an ale) to Harveys brewery, situated bang in the centre of town beside the River Ouse.   The same river that flooded a few years ago and most of this part of Lewes was under water for several days - Harveys lost a few barrels, apparently, which floated off down the Ouse, as you can see here.

Lewes Brewery



And no, I didn't have a Harveys Sussex Ale.  I have in the past, and very nice I remember it was too, but your tastes change over time and so on this visit we stuck to tea, mostly of the green variety.

And there, dear readers, you have it.  Lewes and Eastbourne in August 2015.  Very pleasant it was too...made me wonder why I left that part of the world to come back to The Liberties.  Just for a second or two, you understand.  After all, as Dorothy once said, There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment