Wednesday 21 October 2015

English Country Garden #2

We went to another place nestling in the lee of the South Downs.  Charleston Manor House was once the country retreat of the Bloomsbury Group - you know, Virginia Woolf, her sister Vanessa Bell and all that arty-farty brigade.

Charleston Manor (out-side view)
Charleston has a walled garden, as you can see.  I only took one snap as we wandered around the walled garden - there were too many people there and it was annoying me.

My one snap
We didn't get to walk around the house (it was full up with people) but we did get to buy tickets and walk around the garden.  Charleston is very nice and I can recommend it - we saw a video about the Whole Thing.  But bring money.  Preferably lots.  They need a lot of money to upkeep Charleston.  That's the thing I remember most about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment