Tuesday 23 June 2015

Portstewart Bay

This snap was a bit of an experiment to see how Leica glass coped with direct sunlight.  The answer is pretty well - no flare, although the highlights are a little blown and the whole thing is lacking in contrast.  My fault for pointing the camera thing into the sun, but sometimes you have to try.

Fantastic composition, though, wouldn't you agree?  I mean, everything just positioned nicely to lead the eye into the centre where, well, where nothing much is happening.  Ah well, you can't win 'em all.

Into the light, Portstewart Bay 2015

I think my horizon is off slightly (again)...though it's hard to tell since the natural line of the headland in the distance isn't perfectly straight anyway.  Probably I should have 'rectified' this in Photoshop, but I didn't.

Still, if you can put up with the low contrast and the wonky horizon, the snap gets across something of the light and cloud formations we get in this part of the world.  Grand wee place, isn't it?  If I get my act together and get out in the evenings a bit more then hopefully I'll get some better snaps than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment