Monday 9 January 2023

January Walk (updated)

The cliff walk in Portstewart, on a very dark dismal afternoon in January.  Dominican College (Convent, some years ago) is prominent.  My daughter and I were getting the heads blown off us at the time, by the way - I could hardly see to focus as my eyes were watering so much.


Hasselblad, 60mm CB lens; Ilford 3200 Pro at 1600 in Ilfotec HC 1:31 for 9.5 minutes, if anyone cares about such things.  On Adox MCC fibre paper.

I messed in up the darkroom and the main print got a bit more than I wanted.  The sky got a bit of a burn-in.  I liked the sky as it turned out here and while I might be able to get a bit more detail in the wall I decided to settle for it as it was.  

Addendum: I meant to say, as we were walking along my daughter grabbed my arm and said This would be a good shot.  She has a good eye for photography, she does (like here, and here).  I shouted a reply over the wind to the effect that Yes, I'd taken it a few times but never anything good came out of it.  Perhaps today she brought me Good Luck. I keep telling her to take more photographs.  I wish I had, when I was her age...and kept at it.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo. Well spotted by junior and well printed by senior. Looks something like a Bill Brandt picture. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete