Sunday 22 January 2023

Tree, on pinhole (updated)

 

Via the Walker 4x5 pinhole camera
On Foma 200, which I rated at a lowly 25 and developed in Ilfotec HC at 1:63 for 7m40s, if anyone is interested in such things.

I’m posting this a bit earlier than usual. Reason being, the day has finally arrived to have my cochlear implant surgery, which is scheduled for Monday morning. I'm gradually being re-built, it would appear, what with my titanium & ceramic hips and now this.  I'm just thankful that I'm living when I do, when all this is possible - and living where I do as well, of course.  Hopefully in a week or so's time I return to the hospital to get the other part (which resides outside my skull, over the ear) connected and then I'm very much looking forward to starting this new part of my life, when hopefully I can hear speech a lot clearer than I currently do.  I'm nervous about the op, of course, but keeping positive for a good outcome.  I shall update in due time.


Update: All went well with the surgery and I was able to come home Monday evening.  Pretty tired right now, probably as a result of the anaesthesia and the precautionary antibiotics.  Have to lie low for a while, let my body recover.  No sneezing, no blowing of nose, no popping of ears, no carrying anything heavier than a carton of milk for the next wee while.  I guess the wire part of the implant needs to bed into the cochlear space. Follow up review next week by video (saves a two-hour round trip to Belfast) and then the big switch-on in four weeks, a little later than I thought.  Still, having had poor hearing for about 17 odd years I think I can wait a few weeks more.  



2 comments:

  1. I wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery. And that there are birds around when everything is connected up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And that's a nice thought to look forward to.

      Delete