Thursday 5 January 2023

Annual Review 2022 (close seconds)

A few shots that almost made the (very high, naturellement) bar for the Annual Review, but not quite:



Still Life

Taken at home on an OM-1.  I can't get my eyes past those damn goblets, which annoy me every time.  They're not necessary and don't add anything.  Less is more, I need to remember.


Churchill, County Donegal

I like this shot but I think it's lacking something. Don't know what, mind you.
The church in my last post lies just to the right of this scene - you can see the shadow of the bell tower on the grass in this shot.


Botanic Gardens, Belfast. 

A lot to be said for this one and I thought long and hard about promoting it into the Made-It Group. 
Do I n
eed to be closer to the action (or lack of it, on this hot summer's day) - namely, the people? 



Wedding, Portstewart

I think this one would have made it into the Final Review if I'd stopped down the lens a bit and got the church and throng outside a little more in focus.  As it stands the focus is mildly distracting, to my eyes.
The top of the bell tower is on the negative, but for some reason I missed it off during printing.


2 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to be closer to the people in the botanical gardens. As it is, the four (five?) clusters of people form a nice horizontal visual line that adds to the relaxing feel of the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to get a second opinion, Marcus - thanks.

      Delete