Monday 29 July 2019

No return within 2 hours

Another print from Missy's shots on Portstewart Prom the other day.  I don't think either of us noticed the Parking Sign at the time - the place was pretty busy - but it makes a perfect foil for the 3 oldies on the bench, who look like they could be there for some time:

Portstewart Prom, July 2019.  HP5+, Ilford Warmtone RC paper.

As you can see the extreme left hand side of the sign isn't on the negative but I think this is one shot that can be revisited.  On the other hand, perhaps that's not even necessary...I'm reminded of a shot from one of my favourite photographers (Yes I know, the one I'm always harping on about) - Robert Adams.  This one.

5 comments:

  1. Is your daughter hanging up the photos in her room to show her friends? Well, I suppose these days they go on Instagram.
    Some tourist hot spots these days put up signs saying "No Return At All". Really famous places can be nightmarish. Even the beaches in this small city are overcrowded with people and overrun by cars in summer. I don't go there even on bicycle if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure she is, Marcus - I must ask her. She'd probably be too shy but then again she might surprise me.

      I've never seen a 'No Return At all' sign. But I guess if the place is that popular then it's warranted. The North Coast of Ireland is rapidly becoming a product of its own success - during the summer the place is heaving. I can't wait for September ;) Sounds like your city is similar.

      Delete
    2. Come to think of it, I rarely showed my poems to people when I was a teenager on account of shyness.
      I am looking forward to September as well. I've started going out for bicycle rides at 6 in the morning to avoid the bad humidity, light, and heat. It's a lot more pleasant than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  2. No need as such, to revisit this scene. But she will of course do just that, and maybe even find a new way to do it totally different and maybe even better for what we know.
    I like this one too, and can litterary hear the three of them talking, all three at the same time of course, in a constant enless stream of words, and then they all go home and had not heard a thing of what had been said all day, apart from their own important messages, of course...
    A good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think you could well be right there about the talking thing, Roy ;)

      Portstewart Prom in the summer rarely disappoints. It's a popular place for many - young and old. Always worth a dander along with a camera...

      Delete