Thursday 18 July 2019

Rouleurs

That's what it says on Yer Man's top from the NW200 Cycle Sportive - Rouleurs.  Sounds vaguely French, don't it?  I'm guessing it's something to do with the wheels on the bike that go round and round...

At the Cycle Sportive, 2019.  On Ilford Warmtone RC paper

He looks a bit French too, I think.  Or maybe that's just me.  Unfortunately I didn't get time to confirm or otherwise as I was too busy running around snapping anyone who looked like they were in a mood to be snapped.  Most were, I have to say - spirits were high and these two looked very happy to have an OM-1 and a 50mm lens pointed at them, in spite of it being about 7.30am.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the tone of that paper. And the big grins of the athletes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marcus - two happy chappies! This paper is in my top 5, for sure - it has a lovely warmth to it. This one was developed in Warmtone Developer which gives it a little extra.

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, love it for lots of reasons! Loads of classic looks in there, and a nice paper for sure! Do you use the glossy version of the paper, or is this the matteish sorts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Roy. This was the glossy version. I have some of the matt too in bigger size but I find that a tougher paper to get good results from. You need an almost perfect negative, I find, for the matt version - and it has significant dry-down (for me, anyway).

      Delete
    2. I agree. I only got the matt version, and it's killing me a little bit each time I put one under the enlarger. There's no way I'm going to get a decent print out of one of them sheets it seems. It might have to do with the fact that none of my negs are perfect, as you mention above.
      Thinking about it I actually made a couple of prints on the paper last year which was not too bad at all. Not perfect, of course, but quite good. And the dry-down of the stuff... luckily all my hair went gray for other reasons a long time ago anyway.

      Delete
    3. Ah so it's not just me then! That's good to know. At least I've learnt not to go near it with anything less than a really good negative - on the odd occasion I get one of those ;)

      Delete