Monday 21 March 2016

What do I do?

I bumped into an ex-colleague from my lecturing days today.  That doesn't happen as often as one might think in a small place like The Liberties - mostly I guess 'cos when I'm out and about my ex-colleagues aren't...they're still doing something important. Indeed. But today it happened.  He said the usual stuff that people who are still working say to those who aren't - told me I was looking well and asked how many years I was out of it (3...I think).  Thankfully he didn't ask me what I'm doing with myself these days.

I mean, what can I truthfully answer to that?  What have I done in 3 years?


I took this photograph - that's one thing I did. And then I scanned it so I could post it here for your delectation.  You see, I didn't even enter the Dark Place and print it on some nice paper.  I'm pretty sure it's not worth printing, mind you - nothing's in focus, it's all low contrast, grey and horrible.  Like the weather in it.  It's not going to win any awards.  But then again, awards aren't all their cracked up to be, right?

1 comment:

  1. And not only did you take this photograph... you had a few others snapped as well, I would think?
    I would say you have done a few other things as well, even though it's not regarded as payed work :)
    Great sky and lovely terrain in that photo, btw. You should bring it into the darkroom and give it a go! There's a few of us liking the grey weather, you see.

    ReplyDelete