Tuesday 8 March 2016

Another one

Another fantastic shot from the Sinar the other day.  Taken about 10 yards from our back door...


FP4/ID-11.  This used to be a window in the old shed but was boarded up about 50 years ago.   I say shed - the building was used by my grandfather to slaughter cattle sometime around the middle of last century.  You might have seen it before - here.  These days it serves as a woodshed and somewhere for the swallows to nest when they arrive in April.  It's kind of falling down and I'm always anxious after the winter storms but so far it has held up, although for how much longer I don't know.

The day will come when it will have to be tummeled, as they say round these parts, and something new built in its place.  But I'm loathe to be the one to do it, for what it represents...

1 comment:

  1. It looks great, to be totally honest. What about making a decent copy of it over in your darkroom, weather seal the result and hang it on the wall out there? I have been playing with ideas about something like that for a couple of walls I have snapped up through the years. Following your link you have another snap as well, maybe worth putting up on display somewhere :))
    I like them vertical lines in this one, and all that weathered wood.
    On the other hand I must say I understand your feelings about it all. It's never a good thing when these old buildings need to come down or being rebuilt into something else at some point. They represent an era that never comes back, and it's kind of sad to see them slowly disappear, one by one.

    ReplyDelete