Thursday 26 November 2020

The Temple

You can see why photographers are drawn to Mussenden Temple, perched as it is on top of the cliff at Downhill.  On the shots you see on this place it's mostly in the distance and from the other side (as in this one), but last week my wife I went for a dander along Downhill Beach.  I had the F2 and 85mm with me that day and this was the last shot of the film.  It was a terribly low-contrast day so I gave it the lith treatment in the darkroom to try to lift it somewhat - not terribly successfully, but here it is anyway:


Mussenden Temple from Downhill Beach, 2020.  Lith, on Foma 133 paper.

This part of Downhill Beach is short but very spectacular.  The rocks up where the lady on the horse is need care, though, as the tide can come in pretty quickly and you could find yourself in a spot of bother.  My wife took her shoes off and had a paddle on the way back - the water is probably at it's warmest around this time of year, as it's had all summer to heat up.  She said it wasn't too cold.  I took her word for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful print.The lith look is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus - appreciated. Lith on this paper is very nice, I have to say.

      Delete