Monday 23 November 2020

Music Tree

Once a week after school Missy goes to her music teacher for singing lessons.  It's a half-hour long and just outside town, so it's always a toss-up to stay put or drive back into town and pick up some groceries.  These days I'm trying to avoid shops as much as possible and anyway, most times I feel I've driven enough and just stay put.  If the weather's clement enough I'll have a dander about, though it's on a working farm and they seem to have an inordinate amount of heavy machinery in use, so care is required...I don't venture too far from the car. 

Anyway, this tree has caught my eye several times but I never seemed to find the right shot.  Until, that is, I had the F2 with an 85mm Nikkor attached.  I developed the print in lith, on Foma 133 paper.  Not all papers respond to lith but a lot of Foma's offerings do - and very nicely too, I might add.  Prints on 133 come out not quite as warm as the other varieties from this wonderful Czech company, like their Classic 131 and that means it suits certain subjects quite nicely:


Tree. Early November 2020. Fotospeed lith print, Foma 133 paper.

This was taken a couple of weeks ago - by now it's almost dark when we get to Music so there'll be nothing much to photograph.  Which means I'll be sitting in the car catching up on online stuff and watching the clock.  Bored, in other words.  

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I like how the shape of the cloud repeats the shape of the tree and then trickles out to the right of the frame.
    What film was this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus, appreciated. I was pleased to get this one - it came out well on the lith. This was good old HP5+, rated at 200 and developed in ID-11.

      Delete