Monday 16 November 2020

Pumpkin Head

 Last weekend (or was it two weekends ago - I forget & time seems to be moving faster than ever these days) we all sat down and carved our pumpkins.  Of course the first thing everyone does is reach for the their phones to Google Pumpkin Head Designs.  Needless to say, some turn out better than others.  It's a messy affair, but we had a fun couple of hours, carving them, then putting tea-lights inside and finally judging them.  My wife is better at these sorts of things than I am - she had chocolate bars for the winner, runner-up and last place...so pretty much everyone under the age of 50 got something. I stuck the little Voigtlander 21mm on the M6 and propped it up on the table - shutter speeds were on the low side.  It was a risky thing to do, with bits of pumpkin flying about and sharp knives lying around but cameras are for using.  This was the best of the bunch:


Messy, but a whole lot of fun.  Pumpkin Carving in 2020.  On MGV RC paper.



2 comments:

  1. You did a great job of recording what looks like a fun time. Any large format still life photos of your pumpkin coming soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marcus. I'm afraid I didn't take any shots of the heads (other than this one) - they sat around for a day or two and then slowly started to melt. I wasn't quick enough or organised enough...

      Delete