Monday 26 April 2021

World Pinhole Day

It was yesterday, I believe.  How did that come about, eh?  I mean, there isn't - as far as I know - an International Body for Pinhole Photography.  Just word of mouth, I guess - or 'it went viral' to use common parlance.  However it happened, I like the concept.  Everywhere, all over the world, people with pinhole cameras out and about.  Fantastic, really, when you think about it.

Unfortunately this wasn't taken yesterday, but it is a pinhole shot.  From the superb Walker TiTAN 4x5 camera, Fompan 200 and ID-11, I bring you Portstewart Bay, with the Inishowen peninsula of Donegal in the background:


Portstewart Bay, on MG Fibre classic paper.

There's something very addictive about pinhole photography.  I guess it's photography at its most basic - just a simple aperture, a light-tight box and some light-sensitive emulsion.  Throw in a long exposure and some magic in the darkroom and you've something rather unique and interesting at the end of the day.  What's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment