Monday 19 April 2021

That's all we need

Around the back of the Ramore Restaurant in Portrush we came across these missile silos, cleverly disguised as ventilation conduits.  They didn't fool me for one minute, no siree:

'Ventilation conduits', Portrush 2021.  Via HP5+ in the 'Blad, on MGV paper.

From the way the clouds are formed it looks like they'd been fired not long before we got there.  I can only speculate as what the target was.  Perhaps one of those new £million+ pound second homes over in Portstewart.  We can only hope, eh? 

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for people getting on in life and doing well.  A bit of ambition is good.  But when is enough enough?  Never, would increasingly seem to be the answer.  On that note, here's a real feel-good article about a man who knows what he likes and is content with his lot.  Happy, even.  Just the thing for a Monday morning, I reckon - to realise that for most of us, all we need we already have, if we just open our eyes and pause for thought.  Sermon over. 

2 comments:

  1. Good photo and sermon. I wish I could eat as simply as that farmer and his uncle. It would save a fortune in groceries every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. He's one of a dying breed, I think. Reminded me of the two old brothers who used to farm next door to us. They worked from dawn to dusk 365 days a year for the whole of their adult lives. I doubt they ever went farther than 20 miles from home.

      Delete