Thursday 8 April 2021

At the water's edge

 Last of three pinhole prints from last week's visit to Dunseverick:


Dunseverick, water's edge

I haven't been out this week with the camera yet - a combination of poor weather and Missy's impending A Level exams.  Oh, well, technically speaking they're not exams, they're 'school-based assessments'.  No, they're exams, and the school is making up for lost time by bombarding the students with them for the next 4 weeks.  Way too much, if you ask me (they didn't) but you have to deal with the system you got and so there we are.  As well as chief potato-peeler in the house I'm the official A Level Maths Tutor so it's been a busy time and is likely to stay busy for the next month.  Then everything stops for a few months until the results are released by the Exam Board in August.  It'll be a very long and nail-biting wait for everyone.

That was, in case you didn't recognise it, my way of telling the legions of readers this blog gets (that means you) that perhaps they should temper their expectations for the foreseeable.  I know, I know, expectations are already near rock bottom but there's always scope to lower the bar that little bit more...

3 comments:

  1. I hope Missy does well in her A Levels. Sorry to hear that maybe we won't be seeing many updates from you. The start of the new semester meant that I did very little photography in March and most of it wasn't very good. So I've been a bit quiet lately as well. Maybe I can dust off some previously unposted photos from years past or 'lower myself' to posting snapshots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus.

      Well I'm going to try to keep things going - perhaps once she's back at school I can steal a couple of hours here and there.

      Go for it, I say - at times something is better than nothing!

      Delete
    2. I hope you find a bit of time. Since writing my comment I've been out a few times with both film and digital. I must have inspired myself to get off my arse.

      Delete