Thursday 19 December 2019

Oh, the water

It was something my mother said to me recently - that water was a great healer.  I'd never really thought of it before like that, but she's right.  I guess that was almost 90 years of living gives you - clarity of thought.  I've spend a large part of my life in water - mostly hydrotherapy pools, or swimming pools, to help the symptoms of my ankylosing spondylitis.  By symptoms I mean joint pain, of course.  Any excuse and I'm in there.  Well, as long as its reasonable, temperature-wise.  And these days as long as there's not too many people watching...

So here's some water for you, on print, via film and an old Hasselblad camera with a Zeiss lens (probably 250mm Sonnar):


Sea water, on Ilford Warmtone Fibre paper

It's sea-water, in case you were wondering - from roughly the same place as this shot that you might have already seen was taken.

And I almost forgot - the title.  Now Mr Van 'the man' Morrison is not everyone's cup of tea, I'll be the first to admit.  Heck I'm not even sure he's my cup of tea. As a person, from what I have heard (first hand) from people who worked with him he's not the easiest of guys to get on with, but some would say the man's a genius and so he walks a different walk to the rest of us.  Whatever.  But And It Stoned Me was one track that I thought was pure genius.  The lyrics are here.  A recording I guess can be found somewhere out there without too much trouble and although obviously it's sung it does give a good idea of how we speak in this part of the world...

2 comments:

  1. (I finally got Google to recognise my new computer and allow me to sign in.)
    I really like this photograph. It looks like you might have been the first human to set eyes on the scene. Very primordial. If that makes any sense . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus. I get what you mean - a kind of impressionist look to it, I guess.

      Delete