Thursday 26 December 2019

Irish skies

I don't know what Japanese skies look like but I suspect they look different to the sky in this shot of my Irish-Anglo-Japanese relations on Portstewart Promenade in August:

Portstewart Prom, Summer 2019

On very, very old Tri-X in ID-11 and Ilford Warmtone fibre paper.  On it's way to Japan very shortly, once I get my act together and mount it.  The statue in the background is the War Memorial, in case you were wondering.  And check out the fancy new street lights we got last year (along with the fancy new stainless steel railings). 

I'm off to make some meringue now, in case you were wondering what I do with myself on Boxing Day morning (or St. Stephen's Day if you prefer).  Yesterday was Christmas Day of course and it was a beautiful day here in Ireland with blue skies.  I even got a dander down the road with The Hound, although he doesn't like to go very far these days.  This morning it's wet and windy and pretty horrible.  It would be an ideal day for the darkroom but we've a pretty full house and yesterday was like all Christmas Days - long and tiring.  But good.  Very good, actually.  I hope you had a good one too, wherever you are.

2 comments:

  1. I had a relaxing Christmas, thanks. Too much eating, of course. And leftovers for days . . . .
    Another great photo of the relatives. I bet they will be very pleased to get the prints.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus and a Healthy & Prosperous New Year to you & your wife. Good shooting in 2020!

      Delete