Thursday 5 December 2019

Back inside

Another one from inside the prison-hospital-art-gallery thingmy in you-know-where:

Art Gallery.  On Ilford Warmtone fibre paper

Printed about 10 minutes ago this damp Thursday morning in November on the North Coast of Ireland - I'm a bit behind with my printing (and taking).  No excuse other than it's been a busy time.  My wife's son has just bought and moved into his first house with his fiancee - and it feels like we've spent the last few weeks moving house as well.  Plus I went to Belfast to speak to someone about cochlear implants, on account of my poor (non-existent most of the time) hearing.  A scary proposition and not one I'm going to rush into.  My hearing has been reasonably good (for me) this last few weeks and as usual I'm hopeful that this upward trend will continue.  I think I would need 12 months of total deafness before I would take the plunge for an implant, as it destroys any hope of 'normal' hearing again.  Although I go through some very bad phases (and this year has been the worst) my hearing always returns - in one ear, at least.  And so far, I should add.  I don't take anything for granted any more - when I wake up in the morning I have to deal with whatever hearing I have.

2 comments:

  1. Nice highlights, but scary room.
    I hope your hearing comes back enough to avoid getting implants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite an unsettling place (more of that to come). Partly perhaps due to the expectation of seeing 'Art' and then questioning 'Is this the Art?'.

      And thanks. Me too.

      Delete