Monday 25 September 2023

Tourists, eh?

If you're a regular visitor to this place, you'll know where I am here:

Oxford, of course - the entrance to the Bodleian Library is just behind me.
Pentax Spotmatic/28mm/HP5+/Foma133.


Last time my wife and I were over visiting our daughter (about a month ago) the city was in full tourist mode.  It's interesting how the way I approach my photography has changed since I first visited the city almost two years ago.  The first few times I walked around a little in awe of the College buildings and their associated establishments (libraries, churches, theatres) - well, it's hard not to be as they are very impressive.  The last couple of times I've been over there I've found myself looking more at the people  and trying to capture what they do.  Like in the shot above - taken from exactly the same place as this one you might have seen earlier.  There's a set of three or four steps which lead down to the street and I stand at the top, lean against a stone pillar and try to make myself inconspicuous.  It seemed to work, as this gentleman stood almost directly in front of me to take his phone snap of the scene in front of us.  What else could I do, except photograph him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment