Thursday 21 September 2023

Busy at the beach

Back to the beach at Downhill - the one with all the rock formations, as seen the other day (here).  This is near the entrance to the beach, where a stream carries water from the cliffs behind to the Atlantic.  It's an ever-changing scene, presumably due to winds and whatever volume of water is being deposited into the ocean.  The width of the channel cut into the sand and the position and number of rocks is different every time I visit

Busy at the beach. 
Spotmatic/28mm; FP4+ on Foma 133, with a slight burn in of the corners under the enlarger.


3 comments:

  1. You could leave the camera there and just wander by now and then to press the shutter button. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Well I could, I guess, as a test of the honesty of people who frequent the beach. I'm pretty sure I know how that would end - and pretty quickly too!

      My cousin's Japanese husband told me that if he were to inadvertently leave his iPhone on a park bench in Japan it would still be there when he realised his mistake and returned to pick it up. I've no reason to doubt him, but over here it would be on eBay 30 seconds after he got up and left the bench.

      Delete
    2. It's similar in Korea. People leave bags etc. on tables in restaurants when they go up to the counter to order.

      Delete