Monday 11 September 2023

Bicycles

There are a lot of bicycles in Oxford.  If I understand correctly, cars are no longer allowed through the main city centre route, except for taxis.  That seems to work well, but it still feels like a normal city street, since it is chock full of buses and taxis most of the time.  And cyclists, of course.  Here's a small selection of the pushbikes parked up at the Railway Station:

Spotmatic/28mm/FP4+/Foma 133.  

I'm still getting these weird circular artefacts from time to time, which you can along the left of the print.  It seems to be a problem with some of the paper from the Foma 133 box.  I can only guess that it's a problem of my own making - perhaps letting some light stray in when I was handling them.  I've too much technology around me in the darkroom - a smart watch thing which was a present from my wife, phone and now a cochlear implant processor.  All of which have lights which fire up from time to time - when I turn my wrist the watch illuminates, when a message comes in the phone lights up and if I've Bluetooth on then I get notifications to the cochlear processor, which again causes a small light to flash.  

As a result, I now have a memo stuck above the darkroom sink - "Turn all off".  Assuming I notice the memo, that should avoid problems in the future.  For now, though, I'm stuck with some dodgy sheets of paper.


 

2 comments:

  1. Great picture. Shame about the paper problem. Funny it should be a line of bubbles. Maybe something caused by heat? Maybe when manufactured?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It could be a manufacturing problem but I can't find any mention of it. It's strange that it's only some sheets that are affected, not all of them. Perhaps it's the darkroom equivalent of crop circles :)

      Delete