Thursday 15 June 2023

Street photography

I find street photography challenging.  What works for me is finding an interesting scene/backdrop and then waiting for the people to populate it, ideally (a) people doing something vaguely interesting and (b) me waiting until the main actors are separated.

For this shot I was standing on the steps leading up to the Bodleian.  The steps were wide enough so I wasn't blocking anyone, so I was able to wait as long as I wanted while various scenarios played out in front of me.  From the negatives I think this one was the best but I might print some others just to see.


Oxford, looking towards Hertford Bridge/New College Lane.
Spotmatic/28mm; FP4+ on Foma 133, thiourea toned.
 

Oh, and I almost forgot.  I turned 60 a couple of days ago. I wonder what adventures lie ahead for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment