Monday 3 January 2022

Taking the Air

Another pinhole shot from my walk around Ulster Uni campus the other day.  For this one I was able to set the small tripod on a wall so it is as sharp as a pinhole shot ever is.  Exposure was around the minute mark, if I remember correctly.  


Cropped to 35mm dimensions from 4x5.  Fomapan 200 @ 50, HC-110 1:50 for 6m40 (Uniroller), Foma 313 paper.  I rather like this scene on the pinhole...think I might have to return and waste some more film there.  Soon, hopefully.

As you can see I managed to capture the air as it moved during the exposure.  That's really the only feasible answer...

4 comments:

  1. It's dreamy and mystical. I think I like trees more in winter than in summer because of all the lines. Difficult to micro-compose, but very satisfying when it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I quite like it too. An air of mystery about a photograph is no bad thing.

      I agree about the trees - there's so much more drama about a bare tree. I like the little bit of movement in the ones on the left.

      Delete
  2. …or you’ve got some of that dodgy Foma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. Or maybe I just rubbed a thumb over the negative when it was wet. Now there's an idea... ;)

      Delete