Thursday 20 January 2022

Not Banksy

Portstewart has had a bit of street art appear recently.  Actually it's happened in a few towns in the area, funded by the local council in order to 'encourage footfall'.  More, please, in my opinion.  This one sits just under Dominican College:

Wall mural in Portstewart.  Hasselblad, 60mm lens.  Ilford Delta 3200 which I rated at 800 and developed in HC-110 1:31 for the recommended 7m30s.  It needed longer - I forgot to compensate for the fact that the day was very dull and overcast. As a result most of the shots were printed at Grade 4 or above, even on MGV paper.


3 comments:

  1. I like it when towns paint public spaces. I've probably mentioned in my blog many times that Korea cities are grey, grey, grey. A few years ago I was approached by a church group that painted property walls around the city with the owners' permission. I enthusiastically agreed to help out. The murals brightened up the neighbourhoods a bit, but because there were no real artists in the group, the results were a little bit childish. Still, better than grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey is not a great look in the city, I agree - better to have naive art for sure :) Sounds like an interesting project. Over here if the Church Groups do 'art' it is generally pretty heavy stuff - lines from scripture or phrases such as 'Try praying'. In the country you get posters nailed to trees with stuff like 'The wages of sin is death'.

      I'm having trouble replying to comments via my phone at the minute, so I have to wait until I'm at a desktop machine. Coincided with an update to the latest IOS. Progress ;)

      Delete
    2. One step forward and then a backwards tumble down the stairs.

      Delete