Monday 31 January 2022

Skyscraper

From a dander about last week, I give you Coleraine's one and only skyscraper, on the University Campus.  Yup, all nine floors of it (the ground floor is just out of shot).  You might remember this pinhole shot of the same building but today's is via a camera with a lens:


Ulster Uni campus building, Coleraine.  Hasselblad/50mm, Fomapan 100 in HC-110 (1:63 for 10 minutes), on Ilford Cooltone RC paper.

I haven't used Fomapan 100 before so this was a bit of an experiment but I exposed it at box speed and use the suggested dilution&times from the Massive Dev Chart app.  The negs came out looking good.  I would certainly use this film again.

The print required a burn-in on the bottom right and I over-cooked it every so slightly, so the building looks a little darker than it should in that area.  This one is going on a wall so I shall re-print it at some stage and try to be a little less heavy-handed.

2 comments: