Monday 28 January 2019

Open Window

Snapped when walking through the side streets of Sorrento. The open window - well, it's always an invitation to look inside, isn't it? And I liked the wall lamp. And the plasterwork...

 But enough of me twittering on - here it is:

Sorrento, 2018. HP5+ on Foma Nature paper, toned.


Printed on Foma 131 Nature paper, for a change - and then toned for a few minutes in warm Selenium (1:5). The Nature paper is really lovely.  It’s very easy on the eye - creamy, almost. I should use it more often.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this paper... and there is no paper I hate more than this one! :))
    It's great for what it is great for, and really really sucks if you use it for the wrong neg. But yes... you got the right negs of course! It's absolutely brilliant for old stone walls and stuff like this, so basically I'm just using a lot of words to simply say "Crackin' print, mate"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy - appreciated! It's sure a lovely paper but as you say, it needs the right neg. I usually forget about it - I've a half-full box somewhere but it gets hidden below other half-full boxes of Ilford and Adox papers. At least we still got choices!

      Delete