Wednesday 3 May 2017

Me and trees

I seem to take a lot of photographs of trees.  I like their natural beauty, the seeming randomness of the branches and just the sheer size these things can grow to.  And the age they can grow to - some, they reckon, are several thousand years old.  What a tale they could tell, eh? Another reason I think is that where I grew up there were a lot of them - a very strong, early memory for me is standing in the garden of my parents' house of an early autumn evening, light fading, strong wind blowing.  The noise of the wind in the leaves was captivating - I seem to remember standing there for a long time, fascinated by it all.  Early autumn is still one of my favourite times of the year.

Anyway, here's one of those tree-things I snapped up in Derry/Londonderry's Brooke Park, a short walk from my mother-in-law's house:

M6, HP5+ on Ilford Cooltone. 8"x10" print.

No comments:

Post a Comment