Wednesday 30 December 2015

A wee bull

This young fellow was in our fields earlier this year:


It was quite amazing to watch how quickly he gained weight on a diet purely of good Ulster grass.  His mummy was never far from his side, though:


And these two would appear to have fallen out with each other:


I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for cows.  They are terribly inquisitive creatures and very observant - always keeping an eye on what we humans are up to when we are anywhere near them.  Some are friendlier than others and will come right up to you to see what the craic is.  In my youth it wouldn't have cost me a thought if there were cows in a field - I would have walked through them no problem.  Today I just wouldn't chance it.  I wonder if it's something they put in their feed nowadays that can make them very aggressive.  Or perhaps I was just fearless back then and a little more cautious today....

No comments:

Post a Comment