Thursday 22 September 2022

Nettlefold Countersunk Screws

Here they are, or the boxes at least:

FP4+ via the 'Blad and probably an extension tube and Softar filter as well.  One taken a couple of years ago but printed last weekend, on Foma 133 paper.

As you read this I'm not here.  I'm ‘across the water’, taking Missy back to start her second year at Uni.  (Across the water is a good old Northern Irish saying, which means I’ve crossed the Irish Sea and am somewhere on the mainland. The Mainland is another one, of course). 

Unfortunately our planned trip to Rathlin Island before we left home didn't materialise - substituted instead for a trip to Musgrave Park Hospital in Belfast to get her hip scanned, as she's been having some pain in it recently.  They think it's bursitis and with some exercises it should go away.  Still, I wish it hadn't appeared in the first place, especially just before a long car journey and then the start of a busy year for Miss.  Fingers crossed it'll settle quickly.

This trip will almost end a summer of monumental busyness in my life. It’s been non-stop since we dropped The Wee One off in Wales for her field trip at the end of May, before driving to Oxford to clear her room for the summer.  Heck she had a lot of stuff! The end of June saw my stepson’s wedding, closely followed by his Best Man’s wedding in July. Then Missy dropped the bombshell that she was breaking up with her boyfriend of over two years. That required a lot of us siting talking it out and supporting her through a difficult time. He didn’t take it well and things were starting to get a little troubling at one stage, but it all seems to have settled now. In the middle of that my mother had a new central heating system installed (and a couple of new windows) and we had major groundworks around the house, including the felling of about a dozen big trees. There was a lot of mess and since we opted to keep the wood felled to burn, the place still looks like a bomb site. As a result, - as you have probably noticed - the number of times I’ve been out with a camera has been very few.

The end is almost in sight. Almost, but not quite as a week after we get back from England my brother and his eldest daughter arrive from Chicago. We used to see each other every year, either in Ireland or in Illinois but because of Covid it’s been about 3 years since we last saw each other. I’m looking forward to it immensely, but I know there will be work involved.  

Fast forward to November and my wife and I are planning a much-needed holiday - just the two of us, a few books and a chance to do very little. It takes a lot to prise me away from home these days but this time around I’m ready for it. That’s assuming Easyjet don’t screw us up, of course. 

PS I’m unable to reply to comments while I’m away - Google isn’t letting me sign in.  Could be a browser permissions thing. Anyway, I’ll get to them on my return home later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment