Thursday 24 February 2022

Les Jeunes

This is one of the shots from the 2016 film that came out of the mix at the weekend.  Taken on the young fellow's graduation day at Queen's, Belfast.  The young lady on the right of this shot you might recognise from before (here) and in a few months she will be tying the knot with my stepson.  Yup, I know, he's a lucky boy.  My daughter on the left is now doing her thing at Uni. 

Missy & Clare, at Queen's in 2016.  Via FP4+ in HC-110 and most likely through the M6.  On Ilford MG Classic fibre paper.

I know this was 6 years ago but Hey isn't time flying?  I mean, Clare hit a major birthday this year and Missy has just over a year to go until her teenage years are gone.  What the heck?  I never used to think too much about this stuff when I was working - I guess I was too busy.  Perhaps it's having more time on my hands that means I'm more able to notice the bigger picture.  

It's awful news today on the world stage, with Putin finally showing his hand in Ukraine.  A quick check shows that the population of Ukraine is about 44 million people, so it's no drop in the ocean.  I can only imagine the stark and probably very limited choices the average Ukrainian is facing this morning.  However this pans out I hope there is minimal loss of life and that restraint and common sense prevail - although when it comes to war and politics history teaches us these are often in short supply.


No comments:

Post a Comment