Thursday 18 March 2021

Portrush Rock

We have a lot of rock over here.  Heck at times I think Ireland is just one big rock, sitting as it does in the Atlantic.  It's not easy to get a decent photograph of the hard stuff - and I'm not saying I succeeded here, mind.  I've photographed a lot of rocks, but most times they come out a bit 'meh'.  This one was on the 'Blad/150mm lens on a walk around Ramore Head, Portrush last week.  Perhaps the only saving grace is that there's a bit of balance in the shot:

Portrush Rock, HP5+ on MG Classic paper.

That's the Skerries coming in from the left and the Causeway in the distance on the right.  The Skerries are a couple of small islands just off the coast and are a safe haven for lots of seabirds.  The Causeway, as you know, is part of the mainland, a few miles east from Portrush along the North Antrim coast road.  

3 comments:

  1. If I tilt my head right I see a big nose, a smiling mouth, eyes, and fat cheeks. And eyebrows! Not one of the giants, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may well be ;) but keep it under your hat, or else there'll be a Visitor's Centre soon and we'll all have to pay to walk where once we could go for free.

      Delete