Monday 7 October 2019

Just playing around

It was good to be back in the darkroom this morning.  It's been a busy couple of weeks in the McNeill household - this was the first time in a couple of weeks I was able to near the place.

This one was from a walk in Portrush a couple of weeks ago with some film users from the Club.  The light was good early on in the evening, but then it disappeared behind some houses and things were less good.  Still, I was happy with this one taken early on with the Hasselblad:


Playground, Portrush. HP5+ in ID-11 on Adox MCC paper.  A lovely combination, if you ask me.



3 comments:

  1. This sort of photograph is difficult to do because of micro-composition, but you did it perfectly. I especially like the framing of the house in the background and the circle on the left breaking up the plain white wall. Did you consider having one of your club members come down the slide for an action shot? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus. I cropped a little in the darkroom - there was some distracting stuff at the right hand side which I thought the shot was better without. The circle you mention is a 'porthole' and that was the second shot I took at this location - didn't quite work out as well as this one, as you might soon discover...

      Since we're all as mad as can be anyway I could imagine that my colleagues would have been up for a bit of hi-jinks had I encouraged them. Now that might have made for a more interesting shot ;)

      Delete
    2. You have a goal for your next photo outing. "Photographers in Action".

      Delete