Monday 31 December 2018

North Parade Buildings, Bath on lith

I escaped the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Festivities the other day and got myself some time in the darkroom.  Christmas is exhausting!  Well, this year more than most - I'm a year older than the last one and we had a lot of driving to do this year.  My wife's mother is now a permanent resident in a care home and it was debatable whether or not she would be well enough to come for Christmas, as she usually does.  In the end, we drove up to Derry/Londonderry Christmas morning and brought her down.  Then back up on Boxing Day.  The 24 hours inbetween were particularly hard for my wife, who took the role of primary carer for the day, as well as primary cook and primary Mother-Figure to the whole family.  She hasn't recovered yet...

Anyway, this shot was taken in July, when we had a quick visit to the lovely city of Bath to visit the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases.  We had just enough free time for a little wander about so I snapped away, using the little Yashica T4 point-and-shoot camera.  It's a real gem, the Yashica and I'm always amazed how good the results are.  Probably something to do with the Zeiss Tessar 35mm lens on it.  It's fully auto, all you have to do is drop the cassette in and close the back door and you're good to go.  This was on HP5+ at 400 asa, developed in RO9 and printed on Foma paper dunked in Moersch Easylith developer:

North Parade Buildings, Bath.   Lith print, 9.5"x12", Foma paper

When I see the print in the flesh, I wonder if a tighter crop might be better - emphasise the guy sitting under the tree a little more.  But I like the paving stones - all over the place, just as they should be.

2 comments:

  1. Nah... it's pretty damn close to absolutely perfect, so keep your hands off! :))

    ReplyDelete