Friday 29 September 2017

We're loomed!

There's an old TV programme called Dad's Army that you might be familiar with and in it there's a jovial Scotsman called Frazer who's catchphrase was 'We're doomed, doomed I tell you' - spoken in a strong Scottish accent along with mad, staring eyes.  He was, of course, anything but jovial (he's an undertaker) but a great character.  Nothing whatsoever to do with this print, by the way, just I was reminded of his catchphrase by the subject matter:

Old Dutch loom, Orvelte Museum Village, The Netherlands.  Ilford Warmtone paper, sepia tone

I didn't have high hopes for this when I first saw the print emerge in the darkroom but after sepia toning and drying it I was pleasantly surprised.  There was a lovely soft light coming in from a window on the left and HP5 seems to have captured it pretty well.  On the M6/35mm lens.

2 comments: