Tuesday 12 January 2016

Tidelines

I think that's a word, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, this was Portstewart Strand one day last week, taken from the usual 5'9" perspective.


Printed on Kentmere and lightly Sepia toned.  I'm not sure about that left-hand edge - think it might need a bit of darkening down now that I see it in the flesh, so to speak.

I wasn't sure if this darker version was better or not:


I think probably not, but it's one of those things where you have to look at them both for a while.  And then probably throw one or other in the bin.  Or maybe both.

It's hard to get shots like this, as it's a big dog-walking beach, as you know.  Normally there's paw prints and evidence of ball-chasing all over the beach.  Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Nah... first one looks better to me as well. I see your point as I look at it, that the left edge looks a bit light, but looking at the second version I think the first one is the better one after all.
    At least your beach is not full of snow. We got loads of snow coming down today. I was just down to check that everything is OK with the boat. It was.
    Now inside back home, trying to keep the fire in the oven at a respectable level.

    ReplyDelete