Monday 24 June 2024

Black and...more black

Still not quite where I'd like to be vis-a-vis my photography and darkroom work, so it's another blast-from-the-past today.  This week the weather has finally taken a turn for the better, so it's been a week spent in the garden/patio, which is always enjoyable if hard work at times.  My wife took delivery of a new planter this week - built by a family friend.  It's slightly over-engineered (I reckon it'll still be standing should The North East Liberties of Coleraine ever experience an earthquake) but that's no bad thing.  And of course it had to be stained black (my wife has an obsession with black - don't ask me where that comes from but we have black kitchen door fronts, black appliances - which cost more than the white equivalents, of course; black framed greenhouse - you get the picture).  And a new planter meant a trip to the garden centre to populate it.  It does look good though, I have to admit.  I shall try to make a decent photograph of it for your amusement - black and white, of course :)


A hot day at Montrose Beach, on the shores of Lake Michigan

2 comments:

  1. The beach is not for me, but this a well-timed, well-composed, and well-printed photo of some sun-worshippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for me either, Marcus. Thanks for your kind comments.

      Delete