Monday 26 December 2022

Stonework

 One from Bonamargy Friary that I've printed before (here), but this time on lith:


Part of the walls of Bonamargy Friary, Ballycastle. 
Via the 'Blad, FP4+, Moersch Easylith on Foma 131 paper.

I hope you had a good day yesterday, wherever you found yourself.  There were just four of us for dinner, my wife and I, daughter and son/stepson.  My mother isn't well enough to come down any more so I usually take a plate to her, which lasts her a couple of days since her appetite isn't what it used to be.  Yesterday it rained hard all day - it was the most miserable weather imaginable, to be honest.  Nothing else for it but get the fires lit, the Christmas tunes on and make the most of our little family gathering.  Very pleasant it was, too.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a lovely Christmas. I was festive enough to create a Christmas playlist on Apple Music. No Mariah Carey. Nothing newer than a hundred years old, actually.
    Great picture, by the way. Love the lith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Mariah Carey? No George Michael, Slade, Wizzard or The Pogues & Kirsty? What the heck, man! Call that Christmas?!!

      I'd like to hear your playlist, actually. Sounds like it might be rather refreshing.

      And thanks!

      Delete
    2. I like Shane and Kirsty, but the Fairytale doesn't really match my playlist. My festive favourites include 'Good King Wenceslas', 'O Tannenbaum', 'The Little Swallow', 'Coventry Carol', 'So Trinken Wir Alle', 'Now is the Gentle Season', 'Pie Cantiones: V. Gaudete', and 'God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen'.

      Delete
    3. A very educated playlist, sir. Good King Wenceslas is always worth a shout, I reckon. Even I will have a go at the first verse, although I can't hold a note. My father was a good singer as is my daughter...clearly it skipped a generation.

      Delete
    4. I sing when no one's in earshot. In the past few months I've become interested in very old music. 15th century and so on. Also, I find modern Christmas songs to be a bit shouty and shriek-y. Just getting old, perhaps.

      Delete