Thursday 11 November 2021

River Roe on Pinhole

For the second visit to the Roe Valley Park last week I ditched the 'Blad for the 4x5 pinhole, so things were considerably lighter.  That was good, as it's a bit of a hike (for me) from the car park to the part where we can get down to the water's edge, by Sir Thomas Philip weir.  If anything the water was even higher than a couple of days earlier...even standing on the path - with a stone wall between me and the water - was a little daunting.  The negatives didn't come out great, due, I suspect, to my unfamiliarity with using HC-110 to develop Fomapan 200 sheet film.  This is taken from pretty much the same spot as the last shot - the main difference being the much wider angle of view of the pinhole (and the longer exposure - a couple of minutes in this case).  I like how the water came out - the long exposure really captured the essence of the fast flow:

Fast-flowing waters of the River Roe.  Walker pinhole, Fomapan 200 on Ilford Classic fibre paper.


The water was in a terrible hurry to get to the sea that day.




No comments:

Post a Comment