Monday 8 November 2021

River Monster

Another shot of the turbulent waters of the Roe Valley Park:

River Monster, baring its teeth.  Roe Valley Park, via FP4+ & HC-110 on MG Classic Fibre paper.

This was tricky to print...difficult to retain detail in the dark areas while trying to get some texture showing in the lighter parts.  I can't say I totally succeeded with the latter, in spite of a mega-long burn-in.  I thin there's a little more detail in the negative which could be teased out but this was the last sheet of MG Classic paper I had, so I left it there.  

I added a yellow-green filter for this shot, which lightened the foliage and at the same time darkened the water.  It looks more like a cinder path than a fast-flowing river:

I wonder how many years it took the river to channel through the rock.  It's a fair walk down from the main path to the river's edge - and a tad muddy at the minute, compounded by the fallen leaves. FP4+ on Foma 133 paper



2 comments:

  1. The photos look good on my screen, and I'm sure they look much better seen directly. I wouldn't mind having a sit-down by that river with a book and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There definitely are worse places to find yourself in. I doubt you’d ever tire of the Country Park. And it’s changing all the time as the seasons come and go.

      Delete