Thursday 29 October 2020

Rainy days

This time of year in The Liberties can be challenging...you need to be prepared for water falling from the heavens at any time of the day (and probably night too but I’m not usually in a position to verify that). We get the odd day when it seems to rain non-stop, but most days it comes and goes and you can generally wait it out.  It can be heavy at times...I took this shot after a downpour from the safety of our front porch, using the Nikon F2 and 180mm lens (I think):


Raindrops keep falling on my car, on Ilford MGV paper.

It's not going to win any awards, this one, but I quite liked the lines and the dark bits and the light bits and isn’t that what it’s all about?

This weekend we emerge from our quarantine...very gingerly, though.  The news out there is all doom and gloom.  The infection numbers are falling slightly but our hospitals are really struggling with the number of seriously ill patients with COVID.  Yesterday we heard that Northern Irish hospitals are beyond capacity - occupancy at 103% across the region.  I read this morning that our local hospital may need to ration oxygen if things continue - now that's something I wasn't expecting to hear in 2020.  It's easy to be wise after the event but we've been hearing for months about a 'second wave' and I'm surprised there seems to have been very little planning for that.  I guess no-one expected the second wave to be as bad as it is turning out to be.  So while we will officially be no longer required to quarantine I doubt I'll be hitting the shops anytime soon - but it will be good to get out for a walk somewhere other than around the garden.  And maybe even take a photograph or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment