Monday 26 October 2020

East is east

 That Ballintoy place, with the TiTAN 4x5 pinhole.  Looking East:

Fomapan 200 in ID-11, on Ilford MGV RC paper

So that's Sheep Island in the centre-left of the shot.  Behind that you've the most southerly point of Rathlin, Rue Point (where the smallest of Rathlin's three lighthouses resides, as you might remember from this shot a few years ago).  Behind that, you've got the faintest view of Kintyre, some 20 or so miles away.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's amazing the detail captured on this thing, without the benefit of a lens.  Moving rightwards across the horizon from there, again there's the faintest impression of the sharp pointy headland of Fair Head way in the distance.  

The figures on the rocks were a couple of fishermen, braving the elements.  Rather them than me, I thought - it was cold, very cold with the wind chill.  I know they've all the gear but still, at least with a camera (even one on a tripod, like here) you get to move between shots.  

We're still all OK, by the way, on our COVID quarantining.  We're a week in now, so halfway there. The advice is to stay at home and that's what we're doing.  Well, I tell a little lie - I did go for a walk down the road the other day.  Living where we do, there was zero chance of bumping into anyone so I figured it was safe enough.  Apart from that, I'm keeping busy with gardening duties, before it gets too cold to do anything much outdoors.  I seem to want to be outside all the time at the minute - it feels healthier than sitting indoors.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting through the quarantine. It's fortunate you have a garden to get out into. I'd go mental if I had to be inside this apartment for two weeks. I feel trapped even if I'm inside for two days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is a mixed blessing of sorts, Marcus - there's always work to be done in it. I try to get myself in the mindset of "It's good to be outside and it's keeping me fit" rather than "It's a chore" - but that doesn't always work.

      Delete