Monday 29 June 2020

Lines and light

I was trawling through the Archives recently and printed this one - the view from our apartment in Bergamo last October.   I liked the lines and shadows:

Bergamo lines and light, 2019.  On Foma 133 paper.

Taken on the Leica with the 90mm f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit-M.  There's a myriad of 90mm Leica lenses out there and this one isn't a bank-breaker like some most of them.  It's a dinky wee thing at just over 2.5" long and takes 39mm filters so fits in well with the 35mm Summarit and the 21mm Voigtlander LTM lenses I have.  The 50mm f/1.4 Canon LTM is the odd one out - it has a weird 48mm thread. 

Focussing is OK but I wouldn't like to be trying to focus anything longer than a 90mm, that's for sure. It's not a lens that gets a lot of use but it's nice to have when you need it and the size means it easily fits in a jacket pocket - ideally one which doesn't have keys or coins in it already, of course. 

6 comments:

  1. I like the lines and shadows, too. That's a handsome building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather nice to look out on every morning, I have to admit, Marcus. A plus was the start of the Alps in the background - all bathed in that lovely soft Italian light.

      Delete
  2. Nice composition, and super tones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so when you comment, how do you go ‘back’ to the post you were last at without leaving the same message. Techno fear has struck again. Where is a teenager when you need one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I appreciated your comments, CDSnapper! Sounds like you were having lots of fun at the same time :) I'm not sure how to 'go back'...I think I maybe see a different view to you, as when I comment the page re-loads and my comment is immediately visible. Sorry to be of absolutely no help whatsoever! :)

      Delete