Thursday 31 October 2019

A bug's life

That would be a great title for a film, don't you think?  ;)

This is another fail from the Nikon F3 test film I ran through the other day.  I think this was with the 28mm close focus lens - which was very nice to use I have to say.  As expected, you can get close to things...real close.

Variegated leaves in the garden (and a bug)
I didn't notice the bug thing until I printed it - it must have been very small.  The low contrast doesn't seem too bad to my eyes in this print - it kind of suits the subject, I think.  And it's on Ilford Warmtone fibre paper, which probably helps.

This shot of the hawthorn berries was close to being fair to middlin' (as my grandfather would have said) but the background on the top half of the print is too distracting.  I think this was the last shot, or one of the last on the roll so I was eager to get it finished.

Hawthorn berries in October



2 comments:

  1. I very much like the framing of the first photograph. The low contrast is nice as well - kind of dreamy. I wouldn't have noticed the bug if you hadn't mentioned it. Not at the size I can see on my laptop, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marcus. I’m trying to wind down the contrast in a lot of my work. A punchy print is great, but I think it can be overdone - perhaps a reflection on how used we are to seeing images on digital devices.

      Delete