Friday 25 March 2016

More Parklife

No not the Blur sort of Parklife, the Hungary sort:


I've probably said it before, but these portraits draw me in.  Look at the girl on the left there above...her expression is just fascinating.


When I see these, I remind myself how fortunate I was to be in education all my working life.  There is something intrinsically rewarding about learning and I like to think the young people I was involved with were helping me learn as much as the other way round.




I wonder which of these kids became mechanics.  Secretaries, doctors, managers, shop-workers, nurses.  What were their dreams at that age?


There's something about the energy, the expectation, the enthusiasm, the interest in things around them that young people have that is very infectious.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me want to load one of my TLRs and set it on the ground for some portraits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good plan, Jim! Class of 2016?

      Delete