Monday 17 October 2022

Old friend

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by an old friend who I kicked around with at Uni some 40 years ago. Hadn’t seen him since then although we hooked up on social media a while back. The gist of the message was that he & family were having a short break in The Liberties (Portrush) and if I was around it might be good to grab a drink & a catch up. So we did just that - and obviously I brought Mr Hasselblad with me to capture the moment:


Mike, by the banks of the River Bann, September 2022. 60mm CB lens, FP4 on Foma 133 paper.
(Updated scan from the original post)

Although obviously a lot of years have passed since we last saw each other, it doesn't take long before the traits and personality of the person we used to know surfaces.  Soon we were reminiscing about our carefree student days in the lovely city of Bath.  These days he seems to spend a large part of his life travelling to and from The Continent with work, so he was bemoaning the whole Brexit thing, which has introduced a whole new level of paperwork and hassle for him.  I'm glad he reached out - it was good to catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment