Thursday 11 August 2022

The Double-bluff

What to do when you want to take a photograph of your daughter when she's not too keen on having her photograph taken - that was my dilemma the other day on Portstewart Prom.  So I convinced her to stand innocuously in front of me and said 'Make it look like I'm taking your photograph, but actually I want to photograph the people sitting in the cafe behind you'.  She thought that was very clever and I did feel a little guilty about the fact that (unknowingly) she was actually the main subject.  But not that guilty.  Missy is changing so much these days - gone is the school kid of recent years and now she looks every bit the Uni Student, so I want to keep photographing her as much as I can.

The Student, 2022.  Red Hot Chili Peppers t-shirt and Mango Smoothie in hand.  She saw the group recently in Dublin and was well impressed.  So was I, even though I wasn't there.  Most of them are around my age, or slightly older.  
FP4+ on the 'Blad/50mm.  Foma 133 paper.

  

4 comments:

  1. Sneaky sneaky! But you captured her as she is, not as she would present for a photo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever indeed! But she's probably known all your tricks for a long time. :) She does look very different from photos you've posted in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right - I'm just fooling myself. Maybe it's a triple bluff :)

      Delete