Thursday 18 August 2022

Morelli's

The name Morelli is synonymous with Portstewart Prom - it's the place for your ice creams, knickerbocker glories and much more. As the signage in the shot below indicates, the Morelli story began over 100 years and if you are interested in reading more about the how these Italian immigrants made good, click here.  In the interests of equality, I should point out there are other options for ice cream and food on the Prom.  I was going to write that there is little else along the Prom these days but as I think about it, there is still a butcher, pharmacy, sweet/beach shop, gift shop, shoe shop as well as a couple of fashion outlets and bars.  And probably other places I've overlooked.  And naturally there are a few estate agencies as well - obvious given the astronomical rises in price property in the area has seen in recent years.  But there must be at least a dozen cafes now, most now with pavement licences.  Mind you, I'm not sure that the competition has lowered prices or raised standards in most of these establishments but maybe that's just me being a grumpy old git (again).   Anyway, enough banter - the shot

I've said before that the 'Blad is a good street camera, since you are looking down into the prism with the camera at waist level rather than eye level, so it doesn't look so confrontational.  Sure wasn't I just taking a shot of the famous Morelli's and didn't it just happen these two happened by at precisely the moment I pulled the trigger.  It wasn't like I was standing there for a while waiting for someone to come along...honest, guv ;)  Same details as before (FP4, HC-110 on Foma 133).


No comments:

Post a Comment