Thursday 21 April 2022

Dún na nGall

My wife and I are just back from a couple of days in the Fort of the Strangers, Dún na nGall, or Donegal if you prefer.  It was a very pleasant little break and the weather was kind to us.  I took the Hasselblad and almost got through a couple of rolls but it wasn't the photographic adventure I had hoped it would be.  I had high expectations of capturing some of the dramatic scenery but it didn't really work out.  Largely because there weren't that many places to pull over and stop the car.  That sounds a bit lame but the Donegal roads are very narrow and the locals drive like, well, locals (i.e., too fast), so stopping really wasn't an option.  Plus a few times when we aimed for a specific site of interest we were thwarted by other things - like very small car parks which were absolutely full, so we had little option other than to keep on moving.  After that happened a couple of times we just decided to enjoy the trip with our eyes and I put the film wasting on the backburner.  I guess it being Easter week it was bound to be busy but I hadn't figured on it being quite as bad as it was.  Bloody tourists, eh?

Anyway, I'm off shortly to develop a roll of Pan F+ and we shall see what emerges from the Photo-flo.  Hopefully something worth showing.  In the meantime, here's a pretty awful print from that film that I found in the OM-1 a while back.  A timely reminder, I guess, that summer is on the way. 

From a couple of summers ago, on Portstewart Prom, where the doggies get ice-cream too.  It was a pretty horrible negative, on old Tri-X that someone gave me.  On Ilford Cooltone RC paper, which did a reasonable job of rescuing something from it.  Only just, mind you.




2 comments:

  1. I can't comment on the state of the negative, but the picture is very good. It tells a nice story of someone being kind to their doggo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The sun is shining and they are sharing an ice-cream - perfect!

      Delete