Monday 18 May 2020

Lights, camera action

I went out around the garden the other day with the camera, as one does from time to time when inspiration is low.  It's always different, innit - different levels of light and at the minute leaves are appearing on sticks and stuff.  Anyway, I took a few snaps but nothing spectacular.   I spotted these fairy lights that my wife had strung over the garden parasol and the sunlight was really making them sparkle:

Intentional blur in the darkroom, on old Barclay fixed grade paper

It looks like it was taken in the studio but it wasn't - I just let the background go to black.  As the caption says, I fuzzied it up in the darkroom, just to see how it would turn out.  Here's the original, non-fuzzied-up version for comparison:

Straight print


2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which version I prefer more. I guess that means they are both good? That paper looks nice, even as a scan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not a lot of difference between them in this shot, Marcus. A straw poll at home favoured the sharper one...

      For a resin-coated paper the Barclay paper is rather nice. Unfortunately I can't get it to bleach and tone, which is a shame - so it's straight prints only.

      Delete